Like last week’s baked oatmeal, this is another great grab-n-go breakfast snack.
This time with DAVIDsTEA’s Forever Nuts herbal tea blend stirred right into the muffin batter. This is a delicious blend is made entirely of dried apples, dried beetroot vegetables, almond pieces and cinnamon bark. You could literally just eat a bite of this blend for a healthy snack.
I slightly adapted DAVIDsTEA’s recipe for Forever Nuts Banana Bread here. I use coconut milk instead of applesauce and I steeped the dried tea in the coconut milk for a bit to soften all the dried fruit and nuts. And I used butterscotch extract instead of vanilla. Just ’cause.
Happy cooking and sipping!
Forever Nuts About Banana Muffins
Adapted by Suzanne Klein, Tea Foodie from DAVIDsTEA’s recipe for Forever Nuts Banana Bread.
Makes 1 dozen muffins
1/2 cup coconut milk
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
3 large ripe bananas
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon butterscotch extract (or vanilla)
*You could substitute the Forever Nuts tea blend with any combo of chopped dried fruits and nuts you have on hand.
1. Bring the coconut milk to a simmer over medium heat, stir in the Forever Nuts loose leaf tea, remove from heat, cover and steep for 10 minutes. Do not strain the mixture when it’s done steeping; it will all be added to the wet ingredients later.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin lightly with oil.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a medium bowl.
5. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl, then stir in the brown sugar, egg and extract. Stir in the coconut milk and tea mixture until thoroughly combined.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Do not overmix. Divide the batter evenly among 12 prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until golden, or until a toothpick set into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool completely in the tins before serving. Store them in an airtight container. These muffins freeze quite well.