Why didn’t I think of this sooner?
This perfect summer sip could not be any easier. Simply cold steep your favorite Earl Grey tea (mine is Earl of Grey from The Tea Spot) with hibiscus flowers (Savory Spice Shop has hearty hibiscus) in your favorite prepared lemonade (mine is Simply Lemonade).
Then enjoy the gorgeous brew over ice. (Tip: It’s even better mixed with a shot of rum, vodka or tequila.)
I love this concept so much that I’ll be testing out other tea-steeped lemonade concoctions the rest of the summer. I’ll keep you posted.
Happy cooking and sipping!
Earl Grey & Hibiscus Lemonade
By Suzanne Klein, Tea Foodie
Makes 4 cups
4 cups prepared lemonade
2 tablespoons loose leaf Earl Grey tea
2 tablespoons hibiscus flowers
1. Combine the lemonade, Earl Grey and hibiscus in a pitcher.
2. Set the pitcher in the fridge to cold steep the tea and herbs for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
3. Strain the tea-infused lemonade and serve over ice. Store prepared tea in the refrigerator.
- This is a delicious base for cocktails!
- Check out this New York Times article about cold steeping versus hot steeping.
- Try other combinations of teas and herbs to steep in your lemonade. My next combos will likely be green tea with mint and ginger, oolong tea with chamomile, and black tea with rose and lavender.